Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SHRINKY DINKS



so i did my first experimenting with shrinky dink jewelry. and i must admit i'm pretty excited about it! my next endeavor is going to be a multiple finger ring of an octopus. oh babyyy

EDIT; i just realized that not everyone knows about shrinky dinks. basically its these sheets of plastic that you can color on with sharpies or colored pencil then you cut it out and stick it in the oven and it shrinks like 3x smaller than its original size and turns into a thick plasticky piece.. the duck was originally about 8inches tall so.. you can kinda figure out what it does. but its fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant! Love shrink plastic - this is an excellent job!

Ross Connard said...

I love it. Make me one of my ego.

chanice said...

Kate! This is Chanice. What a great idea, I use to love shrinky dinks!

Maldito Columpio said...

It's so cute.
I think I know what this is... when I was little I've tryed to make one of those (it was a group of smurfs) but when they came out of the oven it was all burned... is not that easy to make them.